Pages

Friday, June 12, 2020

Summer time & the 2018 Coretta Scott King Author and Illustrator Awards


Hello students and welcome to summer! The heat in Texas has already escalated and I am enjoying a little reading. I received a box of books from a book order that I placed before Spring Break. I also placed an ebook order so you now have access to more than 200 ebooks. Please check them out this summer and let me know what you're reading. 

In one of my first graduate courses at SHSU, I  created a presentation that features books that received an award. I chose to highlight books from the 2018 winners of the Coretta Scott King Book Awards. You will see more of this on the blog as I highlight book award winners. I will also include links that will lead you to additional information about the award, the books and how you can check out the books from our BBJH library.

This link will take you to Destiny Discover where you can begin looking for ebooks.

From the ALA website: "The Coretta Scott King Book Awards are given annually to outstanding African American authors and illustrators of books for children and young adults that demonstrate an appreciation of African American culture and universal human values.  The award commemorates the life and work of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., and honors his wife, Mrs. Coretta Scott King, for her courage and determination to continue the work for peace and world brotherhood."

No comments:

Post a Comment